DRESS CODE FOR ALL CLASSES
DCE students receive a 10% DISCOUNT on required dancewear at ALLEGRO DANCE BOUTIQUE, 2114 Central St, Evanston, 847.733.8460.
Click logo above to visit their website.
- Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Modern, Hip Hop: white t-shirt and black jazz pants, shorts, or tights. White socks and black shoes for Ballet, Jazz, or Tap. Clean light-sole sneakers for Hip Hop. Bare feet for Modern.
- Beginning Boys and Continuing Boys: Close-fitting white t-shirt and black athletic shorts, just above the knee, white socks, and black Ballet shoes.
- Men's Technique: Close-fitting white t-shirt, gray footless tights, white socks, and white Ballet shoes.
- MODERN Black leotard and black footless tights or leggings.
- JAZZ Solid color leotard, black tights or Motionwear capri leggings 7510 or 7123. Shorts are not permitted below Jazz 4.
- TAP Solid color leotard and tights or jazz pants, socks, and tap shoes.
- HIP HOP Solid color top or leotard, stretchy athletic/dance pants, clean light-sole sneakers.
- BALLET Leotard* is worn with pale pink tights and pink slippers.
Camisole leotards are not permitted in levels below 2B or Cecchetti II.
Halter leotards are not permitted below Academy level.
- HAIR Must be in a bun for Ballet Basics and above. For all other classes, hair must be secured off the face and neck. NO JEWELRY.
* BALLET LEOTARD COLORS
(No skirts please!)
Tippy Toes: Pale pink 123
Pre-Ballet 1: Light Blue 123
Pre-Ballet 2: Purple 12
Basics: Royal Blue 3
Ballet 1A: Mulberry 5
Ballet 1B: Hunter Green 12
Ballet 2A: Navy Blue 12
Ballet 2B: Burgundy 13
Ballet 3: Garnet 4
Ballet 4: Royal 4
Ballet 5: Raspberry 3
Academy 1: Chocolate 34
Academy 2: Gray 3
Academy 3: Any solid color
Teen Ballet: Black
Brands: 1 Eurotard, 2 Capezio, 3 Motionwear, 4 Mirella, 5 Body Wrappers