COVID-19 Info & Policies
CLASSROOM and COMMON AREA CONDITIONS
- DCE has upgraded all four of our rooftop HVAC units with a BiPolar Ionization system, greatly reducing the presence of viruses, bacteria, and allergens.
- All classrooms will be taped out in 9’-10’ dance boxes, helping dancers socially distance in the classroom.
- Large furniture will be removed from hallways and waiting areas to allow for social distancing in the common spaces.
- Hallways will be designated as moving in one direction as much as possible, reducing congestion. All entrances and exits will be used to manage traffic flow and minimize interactions.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances, in the studios, and in the bathrooms.
- Dressing rooms will be closed. Students will come dressed for class with a small bag into which they will put their street shoes and any other belongings. After they have changed shoes, they will take everything into the classroom with them. Nothing will be left in the hallways or dressing rooms.
- Water fountains will be closed. Dancers should bring a filled water bottle with them to class.
- Waiting areas will be closed.
- Students must leave the building directly after class. If they have a second class within 30 minutes, they may remain in the building and wait in a designated socially-distanced area. They may bring a small snack from home.
- Parents and guardians will not be allowed to wait inside DCE, with the exception of those who are responsible for registered children ages 3-5, but only as necessary. Face masks and temperature checks are required for waiting parents. There will be no photographing or videotaping of a class from the hallway. Once a primary level student is settled in a classroom, the accompanying adult will be asked to wait in a designated socially-distanced area.
- High traffic areas will be sanitized frequently. Teachers and staff will clean studios between classes and public areas regularly through the day, focusing on ballet barres, door handles, dance floors, light switches, and bathroom fixtures.
- ALL students, faculty, and staff will wear face masks at all times when in Dance Center Evanston.
- Each room will be equipped with quick temp thermometers.
- All classrooms will be equipped with proper cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, and mops, and high touch areas of each room will be cleaned between every class.
STAGGERED CLASS TIMES ALLOW FOR STAGGERED ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
- Students will arrive no more than 5 minutes before a class, and must be picked up promptly after class.
- A 15 minute break has been built in between each class to make time for sanitizing the room and reducing congestion in the hallways.
CLASS SIZES LIMITED FOR PRIMARY LEVELS
- Primary level classes will be capped at 7 students to allow for social distancing.
- Classrooms with Primary level students will have taped four-sided colored boxes to help young dancers understand directional cueing from their teachers.
- All props will be bagged specially for the individual dancer and only brought out when the dancer is present.
CLASS SIZES LIMITED FOR HYBRID STUDENT AND ACADEMY LEVELS
- Student Division and Academy classes will be offered in a hybrid model with students alternating between attending live and taking the class virtually.
- Only 7-10 students will be live in the classroom with the additional students taking the same class on Zoom.
- Students will alternate weeks, allowing each student the same number of weeks in-studio.
- Should the total enrollment for a hybrid class meet social distancing requirements, that class can be moved to all in-person once the session is underway.
- We have outfitted our studio spaces with upgraded technology to provide an excellent experience for online participants.
- For more information on how this will work, see the Calendar & Info page of our website.
VIRTUAL OPTION for ALL STUDENTS
- If taking classes virtually is a better option for your family, all Student and Academy level classes will be available on Zoom as well.
- To register for this option, select the class you’d like to take with VIRTUAL ONLY in the class name.
- Primary level students will have a separate Littles Live on Zoom class for their virtual only option.
MAKE-UP, TRIAL, and PLACEMENT CLASSES
- Make-up, trial, and placement classes will be available virtually only.
- These classes must be scheduled through the office at least 24 hours in advance.
- No trial or placement classes will be permitted after February 13. No make-up classes will be permitted after March 27.
IN CLASS SAFETY
- While teaching, instructors will use verbal cues and maintain a safe distance from their students.
- Teachers will plan their classes keeping social distancing in mind. There will be no partnering, no sharing props, and movements across the floor will be adequately spaced.
- Every student will have their temperature checked by either their teacher or a staff member at the beginning of each class.
- Faculty and staff will also have their temperature checked upon arrival.
- Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be allowed to stay for class.
- Anyone showing symptoms of cold, fever, or flu will be asked to remain at home.
- Anyone who has been exposed to another person with COVID-19 will be required to have a test and quarantine themselves for two weeks.
QUARANTINE PROCEDURE and RESPONSE TO POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST:
- If a student, teacher, or staff member has known exposure, that individual must inform DCE and will quarantine for 14 days or provide a negative test result. They can attend/teach class online only.
- If we are informed that a DCE student, teacher, or staff member has tested positive for COVID-19, all classes will be taught online only for a minimum of five days.
NO REFUND POLICY
- DCE will maintain its no refund policy. Any class missed due to a change in schedule or a medical situation can be made up through attendance in one of the many classes offered virtually. See make-up procedure above.
- Should Suburban Cook County move to Phases 1, 2, or 3 of the Restore Illinois plan at any point during the session, all classes will be offered virtually and no refunds will be given.
Our priority at Dance Center Evanston is to create a safe space, both physically and emotionally, so that students can dance, learn, grow, and create. Whether you decide to join us live, virtually, or a combination, we look forward to welcoming you back to Dance Center Evanston.