Updated COVID-19 PoliciesFall 2021 under Phase 5
Beginning Fall 2021, all classes will be held in-person with the following policies in place. No classes will be taught virtually.
- Masks are required at all times regardless of age or vaccination status.
- Masks are required for everyone in the common areas (entrances, waiting areas, hallways, bathrooms, and dressing rooms) regardless of age or vaccination status.
- DCE’s mask-wearing policy will be updated according to the CDC and IDPH guidance throughout the session.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & CLASS SIZES
- Social distancing is required in classes and in the waiting areas.
- Studios have been taped with updated social distancing markers to accommodate up to 16 dancers in the larger rooms while maintaining a minimum distance of six feet apart.
DRESSING ROOMS & WAITING AREAS
- All dressing rooms are open. Dancers have the option of bringing their belongings into the studio with them or leaving them in the dressing room during class. Please turn off or silence cell phones in the room.
- Outdoor shoes should be set neatly on the racks in the vestibule. Hip-Hop dancers: please be sure to bring a separate pair of clean, light-sole, indoor-use only sneakers to change into for your hip hop class.
Waiting areas are open for dancers waiting between classes and family members accompanying students ages 3-5. Please wear masks at all times and maintain social distancing.
- Water fountains are open and available for use.
SANITIZATION AND HAND-WASHING
- Frequent hand-washing or sanitizing is strongly encouraged. Hand sanitizer is available at the main entrance and in each studio.
- Studios and common touch surfaces will be to be cleaned and sanitized on a regular schedule.
QUARANTINE PROCEDURE and RESPONSE TO A POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST:
- Anyone showing symptoms of cold, fever, or flu will be asked to remain at home. DCE will no longer be doing temperature checks.
- Anyone who has been directly exposed to another person with COVID-19 should follow IDPH guidance as follows:
- If vaccinated, they can come to class as long as they are asymptomatic and maintain strict mask-wearing and social distancing.
- If not vaccinated, they must stay home from dance for a minimum of seven days and provide a negative test to return.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 must inform DCE and quarantine for a minimum of 10 days, regardless of vaccination status. Must provide a negative test result to return.
NO REFUND POLICY
Dance Center Evanston has a no refund policy. This policy is in effect Fall 2021. In the event Suburban Cook County moves to Phase 1, 2, 3, or 4 of the Restore Illinois plan, classes will shift to being taught online via Zoom, in a hybrid model, or in a new arrangement, and no refunds will be issued.
Our priority at Dance Center Evanston is to create a safe space, both physically and emotionally, so that students can dance, learn, grow, and create. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dance Center Evanston.