Harness your creativity this summer! We’re excited to be offering a wide array of programming to keep dancers of all ages moving and creating during the summer months. Register before April 6th and save! Click to learn more!
Dance is a gift that will last a lifetime.
Dance is an athletic art form that strengthens the student physically, stimulates them mentally, and inspires them artistically. We believe that introducing and enriching children in dance is a wonderful gift that will last a lifetime.
Dance promotes good postural alignment, physical strength, and flexibility. It teaches poise and can have a positive impact on an individual’s level of self-confidence. Dance enhances musical awareness and helps develop rhythm and coordination. It stimulates artistic thought and feelings of well-being.
A fun and encouraging introduction to the world of dance, the Primary Division is designed to engage the young child in the process of learning.
Ages 7+ and Teen
The foundation for all future dance training, the Student Division emphasizes proper posture, placement, and coordination.
Technically and artistically challenging, the Academy Program prepares dancers for training in a college program or a professional setting.
Dance Center Evanston Updates
- Registration for Session 2 2021 is open through February 15.
- Check out our Classes and Registration pages for more information!
- Watch for information about Recital 2021!
Evanston Dance Ensemble Updates
- Inspired by the themes of individual and group empowerment, innovative new works are being created by Christina Ernst, Steph Paul, and Michel Rodriguez for spring performances TBD.
- In its 10th anniversary season, ede2 takes on Project Green Room. Inspired by the dual themes of waiting and personal spaces, ede2 will utilize imagery from the familiar favorite Goodnight Moon to create dance works in its signature theatrical style.
- EDE and ede2 might be outside, or on your computer, or in a theater in Spring 2021. Stay tuned!
The DCE Difference
Dance Center Evanston offers a fun, progressive program in a variety of dance techniques, including ballet, modern, tap, jazz, and hip-hop.
Our carefully designed curriculum takes children from the primary levels to pre-professional dance. Our staff is made up of professionals who have years of experience as teachers, performers, and choreographers.
- Bea Rashid, Director